I get to go to my first blog conference this weekend! Jes, Katie, and I are going to the Elevate Conference in Newport Beach. It’s more of a mini conference, I think they only sold 50 tickets, but who cares! That just makes it easier to actually meet and greet. When tickets went on sale, a lot of bloggers starting following each other and I follow a good handful of them on Twitter and Instagram, so I feel like I already know them.
I already did the what to wear thing, so now it’s a matter of what to take with me. My purse is pretty big, but it works out perfectly for times like this! I ordered business cards a couple months ago, specifically for this occasion, so those are definitely going. Here’s what else I plan on taking.
1. A Big Bag. This is actually my purse. I know I can shove everything in there!
2. Smartphone. Hello! I’ll need to Instagram the day! Also, this makes it easier to quickly follow someone instead of trying to remember to do it later.
3. A Notebook. I don’t like to take digital notes, I much prefer them on paper.
4. Pens. Kinda necessary if I want to take notes.
5. Business Cards. I got a similar card holder at Daiso for $1.50. Score!
6. DSLR. I take my camera everywhere. I don’t know if it will get used much, but I”m still taking it.
7. Water. Or a soda. It’s going to be a long day, so I’ll need something for hydration.
Have you been to a blog conference? What were your must takes?