My youngest is in first grade this year. First grade means learning to read. We’ve had a tough road to get here though. When she started kindergarten, we still lived in California. I don’t think she got one single thing out of it. She seemed to be constantly in trouble and always in the nurse’s office. I know my girl is not an angel, she is far from it, but the entire experience and her teacher, didn’t sit well with me. Then we moved to Texas. She learned more in the 3 months of kindergarten here than she did in the 6 months in California. I feel like it put her behind, especially with her reading. She knew some sight words, but couldn’t string any words together. She was so frustrated that we were frustrated trying to help her.
First grade has made a huge difference. I still want to make sure she is not behind, but she needs something besides us to help her. Yes, we read to her, we listen to her read, we go through all her sight words with her, but she needs something to do on her own. Enter the VTech Innotab Max. As far as tablets go, I want the kids to have tablets geared towards them, not adults. I want them to be educational and offer them the ability to learn, not just play mindless games.
VTech InnoTab MAX (Ages 3 – 9 years; MSRP: $99.99) features:
– Powerful dual-core CPU with up to six times the processing power of previous generations
– High resolution 7″ multi-touch screen
– Built-in rechargeable Lithium battery
– Includes VTech Kid Connect™, which allows children and parents to exchange voice and text messages, photos, drawings and fun stickers in real time between the tablet and a smartphone
– Educational bundle of eight apps that can be downloaded after registering the tablet on the Learning Lodge® app store
– Additional apps include My Magic Beanstalk, Movie Maker, Art Studio and Wonder Cam MAX
– One free Toca Boca app and two additional free apps can be downloaded from the Learning Lodge
– Huge existing library of age-appropriate apps plus hand-picked Android learning games
– Progressive learning content that adapts to a child’s skill level
– Kid-safe Wi-Fi and Web Browser so kids can explore online games, videos and websites that have been pre-selected by VTech
– Parental Controls which allow parents to manage their child’s apps, web access and tablet time
– Progress log so parents can follow their child’s learning development
– Handle, flip and fold stand and tough cover to protect the tablet; cover is removable for a grown-up feel
– Available in blue and pink
She absolutely loves it! Her 10 year old brother likes it to, though I doubt he would admit it. She has been reading e-books, playing science games, and watching kid friendly videos. Kids are able to get on the internet, but there are videos all ready for them to watch, like Animal Planet. I feel better with her going from video video on the InnoTab Max, than I do on YouTube.
If your child already has a VTech tablet, the games from it will work with this one too.
Enter to win a VTech InnoTab Max for the child in your life!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The product has been provided by VTech so I could experience it with my family; however, the thoughts and opinions are all my own.