My daughter is a hot mess. Sorry to say it, but she is. Her room is in a constant state of chaos, even after it’s just been cleaned. I’ve been slowly making my way through her room, trying to help her get organized. My latest project is her jewelry. She wears it and then puts her necklaces and bracelets who knows where. She can never find them again and when we do eventually find them, they are tangled messes. She has a jewelry box, but that hasn’t seemed to help. I have most of my necklaces hanging on a wall in my closet, so I thought maybe if I did the same for hers, it would help her to remember to put them back and keep them from getting knotted up.
I started thinking about how I could make a special jewelry holder for her. I was drinking a Diet Coke out of one of the new It’s Mine glass bottles and it hit me. Why not incorporate the bottle? These bottles are too fun to just toss in the recycling bin. The bottles are one of a kind. Seriously, no two are the same. They are all fun and unique. So much, that when I bought them at Walmart, it took me forever to decided which ones I even wanted! I started going through the bottles I had already bought to see which design would be perfect for her. From there, it was easy to make.
1. Cut (or buy) the board to the desired size and paint or stain.
2. Secure the picture hanger to the top of the back of the board.
3. To secure the hose clamp, drill a hole through the back side of it, leaving the adjustable part in front and easy to access, and secure to the board with a screw. Make sure you make note of where on the bottle it will be secured. I wanted the bottle to be towards the bottom, instead of centered since it was going to be used as a vase.
4. Once the hose clamp is secure, insert the bottle and tighten the clamp to ensure it stays put.
5. Lay out the hooks to determine where they should go. Make sure they are staggered and not straight up and down or necklaces might get tangled up. Once you are happy with the placement, use the screws to secure them to the board or if they already have screws attached, use a drill bit to make the holes for them.
6. Hang the jewelry hanger up, add jewelry and flowers to the bottle, and you are done!
How will you use your bottles? Upload pictures of your masterpiece to the Diet Coke Mosaic on the Coca-Cola website and be part of the Share Your Masterpiece movement!