Today’s topic onthe MilSpouses Rock! Blog Carnical the 10 Tough Things About Being a Miliary Wife. To join in or to read other’s answers, see the post on Wive’s of Faith here.
1. The distance – The hubs is headed to Okinawa for a 2 year unaccompanied tour. I know if we can get through this, we can get through anything, but 2 years!?!?!
2. Deployment – right along with the distance, is the obvious deployments. He will be deploying from Okinawa.
3. Moving – it is hard to have to pack up and leave when you feel like you have really just gotten used to a place (I’ve been at this one 7 years, but I’ll move eventually!)
4. Other people moving – everytime I make a good friend, her husband gets orders and they move.
5. People’s opinions – I haven’t encountered it to much, but my husband has and my in-laws do. I can’t understand how a person in this country can’t appreciate what the military does for them.
6. War – I know this goes with deployments, but he is gone in a deployment. It doesn’t mean he is fighting a war. Knowing what could happen to him brings instant tears.
7. TriCare – This was also on my loves list. I LOVE the benefits, but Tricare is a pain! And people wonder why I think gov’t healthcare isn’t a good idea.
8. Being a single mom – With my husband gone for the next 2 years, I get to pull double duty on parenting. I’m not worried about it, but I have that he is going to miss 2 years of our 14 month old’s life.
9. People don’t understand – I can’t expect civilians to understand the life, but it gets old explaining things…like why he is going to Okinawa, why we aren’t going, why he has to go there to deploy, etc. It just gets old
10. The BS – Part of the BS has to do with by husbands mouth and opinion, but he got the MP’s called on him when a Lt. walked by him at the dental clinic and said ‘What’s up Sarge’ to my Gunny husband. He felt that was disrecpetful and told the Lt about it.