My son is not my husbands, but we chose our daughter’s name together. The day I found out I was pregnant, he said if it’s a boy we name him Dalton and if it’s a girl we name her Faith. Her middle name is Faith. We agreed on a first name on the drive back from the hospital after the ultrasound. It’s my Great-Grandma’s name and it’s short. We needed a simple name to go with out last name!
I’ll jump on the bandwagon and answer this too!
1. How long have you been a military wife?
This time, a little over a year. The first time was 5 years.
2. What branch of service is your husband?
4. What is his job?
He works at the battalion S-3, for now.
5. How many deployments have you gone through?
A half a one. It’s a long story. We’ve got one coming later this year though.
6. Camo or Dress uniforms on your man?
Dress uniforms are nice, but I prefer the everyday cami’s. Desert cami’s to be exact.
7. What do you like about being a military wife?
The pride I have in my husband and the opportunities we are given.
8. Do you live on base?
At the moment, but that’s about to change!
9. What is your favorite base so far?
I’ve visited several, but only lived at 2, so Okinawa would have to be my favorite.
10. What is the hardest part of the military life?
Being separated from our families and the long separations from hubby.
11. Do you go to the grocery store or Commissary?
The commissary here. In the states, I would go to both, kind of depending on the sales and who offered what.
12. Do you work or stay at home?
I’m not working right now. I’d like to find a job though. I always worked before now.
13. Do you have a lot of military wife friends?
Yes! All my friends here are military (obviously). I have friends back home who aren’t, but there is just something about military wives.
14. Do you prefer Walmart or the BX/PX/NEX/MCX?
15. How did your husband propose?
He really didn’t. We knew we were going to get married. A couple days before Christmas, he told me we were going to go get my Christmas present, after we had agreed not to get each other anything. He drove me to the jewelry store to pick my rings out.
16. Did you marry him after he joined or before?
17. How long have you been together?
This is a trick question….I’ll say since the end of 2008.
18. Any kids?
19. Any kids yet to come?
I think we are done.
20. Is your husband one of those “I am Marines hear me HOORAH” kind of guys?
He has is moments, that’s for sure!
21. Have you ever done combatives with your husband?
Not really, but I ‘m not that dumb. I’d get hurt.
22. How many bases have you lived at?
This is my second, his fifth, I think.
23. If you could change one thing about the military?
That’s a hard question. The bull, the non-planning, the idiots…want me to go on?
24. Do you like military balls?
Yes! It’s so nice to get dressed up and have an adult night out.
25. Where does your family live?
My whole family is in Missouri, his is in California.
26. What do you do for a job?
For now, take care of my kids and the house. My degrees are in business though.
27. Have you ever gotten in a fight with an NCO’s wife?
No. I’m not the fighting kind.
28. Name one thing you do when your husband is gone.
Watch crap TV, have beauty nights, plan fun day trips with my friends.
29. Do you think other wives do that too?
I think most wives do their best to keep busy.
1. Do you set goals for yourself during deployment?
It’s been a long time since the only deployment I’ve been through and that was a completely different time in my life. Hubby and I haven’t been through a deployment yet. I most likely will set some goals for myself. You need something to work towards besides the date on the calender.
2. What would you say to someone dating a military guy or gal?
If my advice was asked, I would tell them to make sure they know what they are getting into. I realize that a person can’t possible know until they are already married, but talk to people and have your significant other tell you honestly what the military is like. I think so many women watch Army Girls and similar things and don’t see that it is all Hollywood. The military can be a tough life. There are some people that can’t hack it and it causes divorces. I wouldn’t tell them all that, just to make sure they realize that it isn’t an easy life.
3. If you have children, how do you prepare them to move to a new place?
My son is 5 and this is our first major move. Since my husband is already there, I just asked him if he wanted to go live there. I told him all the great aspects of it and didn’t put anything negative on it. He is too young to realize he is leaving some family and friends. I’ve made it into an adventure. He is so excited for his first airplane ride and being able to go to the beach all the time. He just looked at me and said ‘a few more days!!!’. I asked till what and he said till we are moving!
4. Name one hobby that gets you through alone time.
I’ve not been doing it too long, but I really like sewing. I can spend hours cutting patterns and piecing it all together and not even notice how fast the time has flown. With everything going on this summer, I haven’t been doing too much, but I can’t wait to get back into it once we get moved and settled. I have a ton of new ideas!
5. What’s the one food you don’t ever get tired of?
Mexican. I can eat tacos, nachos, enchiladas, whatever, any day of the week. I think I might get to go out for Mexican tonight. I’m excited, but not holding my breath.