1. What is your favorite social media outlet?
Instagram. I can spend hours looking at random pictures and going from one hashtag to the next. You can follow me at rofamw.
2. Do you subscribe to any daily news reads?
I don’t subscribe to any, but there are ones I read almost daily, like Jezebel.
3. Favorite magazines to have by the pool?
As many trashy magazines or girly ones like Glamour as I can get!
4. Favorite summertime song?
The Boys of Summer by Don Henley, Bananarama’s Cruel Summer, and Summer Nights from Grease.
5. Best summer concert you’ve been to?
I can’t remember the last time I went to a summer concert. That’s what happens when you don’t live in America. I can remember quite a few from the 1999-2002 era, like N’Sync and Tim McGraw/Dixie Chicks.
1. What is your favorite kind of surprise?
The little ones. They are sometimes the best. Like my son telling me for days on end that he as a surprise for me and it’s usually something he made in art class or my husband surprising me with dinner out.
2. Flowers or chocolate?
Chocolate. It better be good stuff too! I like flowers as much as the next girl, but they just don’t give me the same satisfaction as chocolate does.
3. What is your favorite summertime activity?
Since living here, it’s become afternoons at the beach. I would love to have an afternoon by myself at the beach, so I could just bake and read. Sadly, that has never happened though.
4. Do you have any vacations planned for this summer?
Umm….sorta. We most likely will be moving this summer. As part of that move, we’ll end of flying to the midwest, visiting family, then driving to a coast, while visiting more friends and family along the way.
5. Favorite summer holiday?
The 4th of July for sure! I always loved how patriotic one feels on that day. That feeling is just multiplied now.
6. Dream vacation?
England, Ireland, and Scotland for a few weeks.
1. One year ago I was doing…….I was preparing for my husband to come home from Afghanistan. I don’t remember much else from that time! He came home about a year and a week ago.
2. Five years ago I was doing…….I was divorced and a single mom to Little Man. I worked full time and was going to school for my Master’s, so I didn’t have time to do much else.
3. Ten years ago I was doing…….I was still newly married, living at our first duty station together. I was working as a telemarketer, but a much better job would show up within a few months.
4. One year from now I’ll be doing……I’ll be living stateside again, I’m assuming in California. I hope to have a good job and be completely settled in.
5. Five years from now I’ll be doing…….No idea. I don’t know if we’ll be in or out of the military. I don’t know where I’ll be living and I don’t know what I’ll be doing job wise. That’s kinda scary.
6. Ten years from now I’ll be doing…….The husband will be retired from the military. I still don’t know where we’ll be living or what either of us will be doing job wise. We have ideas on where we want to retire, but it all depends on a lot of things.
1. Four favorite things to do on the weekend.
Catch up on my reading
Hang out with my family
Explore the island
2. Four favorite things about your best friend.
This encompasses all my best friends.
I can be my totally, stupid self with them.
They ‘get’ me.
They understand my crazy lifestyle because they live the same one.
They’ve been there through good and bad.
3. Four things you’d do with $100,000.
Pay of my student loans.
Go on an awesome vacation with my husband.
And probably buy the Harley he wants.
4. Four favorite books you’ve read.
If You Give a Mouse a Cookie and subsequent books
The Shoemaker’s Wife
Anything by Jill Mansell
5. Four favorite snack foods.
Laughing Cow Cheese.
6. Four things you must do daily.
Squeeze my kids.
Hug my husband.
Love on my dog.
Go check out my huge giveaway!
1. Did you sleepwalk as a child?
Not that I know of. My sister could always have conversations with me while I was sleeping though. She thought it was hilarious.
2. Did you ever try to run away or sneak out of the house?
When I was in first or second grade, my best friend and I decided we would run away. She told me her grandpa lived on an island close by (I now realize that was completely not true, I’m from Missouri). I had a duffle bag in my closet that I was slowly filling up with essentials, like small toys and such. We never did attempt our escape though.
3. Did you ever have any imaginary friends?
4. Did you ever go toilet papering?
I don’t think so. I’m sure we talked about it, but the fear of getting caught always got the best of us.
5. Did you ever sneak TV shows you weren’t supposed to watch?
My aunt and uncle would let us watch Married with Children at their house. That wasn’t allowed at home. We weren’t allowed to see Dirty Dancing when it came out either, but we watched it at a friends. I wouldn’t say we snuck around to watch things, but we still managed.
I’m co-hosting a big giveaway to celebrate our May birthdays. Stay tuned!